Tuesday 26 August 2014

These past few weeks have been very busy here at Tullie House! From murder mystery nights to summer holiday activities! With summer coming up there is a lot going on. Claire and I have been helping with the Murder-lite-night event that took place a few weeks ago! We set up an advertisement table which you can see below to make people passing through the museum notice the event and come along! After the table was put up a lot more tickets have been sold and ended up being a very good night!


I have also been busy with my day to day jobs that I do. Press clippings, leaflet distribution, Cumbria live events update, apprenticeship work and much more! So far here at Tullie House I have became very settled and starting to find out my occurring jobs as an apprentice. I am still going forward with my Bronze Arts Award which I hope will be finished by Christmas so I can start on my Silver award.


A few weeks ago I went with Geoff to the Family Fun Day that was taking place at Brunton Park. There was a lot of different companies there all with stalls and activities for the children to do. Me and Geoff brought the insects from the Galleries along for an ‘Animal Handling Workshop’ where the children could come along and touch and hold the insects. There was a lot of discussion between them wondering what they were called and what they do. I really enjoyed doing this because I haven’t worked with the education team yet and I enjoy working with children & young people. 
I came along with all the leaflets and marketing advertisement for the museum and was handing our new ‘What’s On’ that had all of our summer holiday activities in that most families were interested in.

Today is my last day until I jet off for a 3 week holiday so we’ll see what I get up too when I come back!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment