Tuesday 15 July 2014


Katie & Claire at our
Venetian Mask Making Workshop
I’ve had a really nice couple of weeks here since my last update. I’ve been helping organise the Summer Fayre and it seems to coming together nicely. I really like seeing the progression of putting together one of these events as I didn’t realise initially how much work is involved in organising one! This project all came about when I first started at Tullie so having helped develop it to the stage it’s at now feels really rewarding.

On the 28th June as part of my Arts Award I went to Kate Plumtree’s Venetian Mask Making workshop along with Katie (one of the other apprentices). It was actually really fun and we both learnt a totally new skill in the process! We moulded the mask onto each others faces and had to wait for the material to harden before we could decorate it. Considering everyone in the class had used the same basic principle of how to make the mask, I think it’s fair to say they all looked totally different by the end. I opted to do a simple eye mask, where others such as Katie created a mask which covered ¾ of the face. If I got the opportunity to do this again I would definitely do it again!

Also since my last Blog update I had a meeting with my apprenticeship assessor which went really well. She looked at how far I had progressed and set me some new pieces of work to complete. I also found out my next assessment date, which is in September so I’ve  put that in the diary!


It’s definitely seems like I’ve got a busy year ahead of me!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment